Brazilian Email Fundraising Letter

The Road Less Traveled Brazilian Village Experience

Email Fundraising

Hi there!

As friends of mine, and the good people that you are - I'd like your help with something!

In of 2012, I will join a group of volunteers to Brazil on a mission to help improve and expand the living conditions of villages in Salvador, Brazil. This is a secluded village about one hour north of the region's capital. They have limited schooling, medicines, housing and so on for their children and people. Through a program called Globe Aware, I'll help by volunteering my time, effort and money to build and aid in the village school, with seasonal harvest, tending the nursery, and other community projects that arise. Currently, they are building a community center and garden, teaching basic first aid, English, and other basics.

By making a pledge on my behalf, you are supporting the development of these children toward future independence, and contributing to a greater world of understanding and awareness. While I'll be personally paying for travel to Brazil and other incurred costs, there is a $1200 program cost. Over 85% of your contribution goes directly to the programs; the other 15% is administration. Your donation is 100% tax deductible and you will receive a receipt for your tax records.

I appreciate your consideration in sponsoring me. Your support, no matter what the amount, is deeply appreciated. You can donate online, by clicking here.

Globe Aware, a non-profit volunteer organization, is leading and organizing the program. Upon my return, I will send out a brief recap of the volunteer experience to all my sponsors. Thank you in advance for your support. Please call me if you have any questions or comments about this program. I can be reached at ( )____-______.

Sincerely,

Your Name

 

SiteLock
Back to top