Live Make a Traditional Floating Lantern with a Monk from Siem Reap, Cambodia!
Make a Traditional Floating Lantern with a Monk Live from Cambodia!
Join us for a live class from Siem Reap, Cambodia, with an actual Buddhist monk, to learn how to make a traditional floating lantern.
You or your child may have been dreaming of them ever since you saw them in Disney’s Tangled! Learn how to make one direct from a monk in Siem Reap Cambodia, who will not only show you how to make these dazzling items, but also explain the significance of why they make them and when. They are surprisingly easy to make with just a few materials you assemble ahead of time. Note we will discuss how flame can be added, and how to release them. But because they should only be released in safe environments (outside and ideally over water), they will not be lit during the session. We will also send a video showing proper way to light and release. Be sure that sky lanterns are legal in your area and be aware of any special wildfire hazards.
MATERIALS to assemble ahead of time:
- Roll of wax paper- at least 15 feet long
- Elmer’s glue or glue stick
- Roll of metal wire that bends easily and holds its shape
- Measuring tape
- Wire cutters
- Fuel source for later light and release: candle, cloth, pan
Times offered: 6:30pm and 7:30pm Central Daily
Cost: $28/person unless otherwise noted.
- Tax deductible
- Credited toward any future Globe Aware program for up to 3 years, up to $100
- 85% of your contribution goes toward our charitable programing and coordinator, 15% admin
- Have 9 friends to register for a session? Yours is free!
Book a private group
Want to join with just your family and friends? We can host a private group for up to 10 guests for $250
Email us at email@example.com or call us at 877-588-4562, option 1
Share one of these fun moments with friends and family from wherever they are!
Please book at least 48 hours before your chosen date and time to give us time to prepare our coordinators in different time zones.
Make a Traditional Floating Lantern with a Monk